Monday, June 29, 2009

Animoto.com/education

Okay, I am super excited! I was just reading an article on School Library Journal and found the top ten digital resources that all school libraries should have. This (animoto.com/education) was one of them. It is a way for kids to make quick book-talk videos online. Educators can use it for free if they are willing to set up class sites and give feed-back. I havent' gotten to look at it yet but will as soon as I finish this. I have been thinking and looking for a way to revive book talks with my students. They have been done to death by the time they get to 7th grade and just want to read! Which is wonderful! But we also want them to learn how to share the books that they love. Anyway....I'm going to go check it out!

1 comment:

  1. You will love animoto. I am a 1st grade teacher and have set up student accounts so my students can create their own videos. I use it every week to post my weekly animoto videos of what the students are learning in class. Here is a my classroom website that you can visit each week to check out our videos. Hope you have fun with animoto. It is my favorite web 2.0 tool:
    http://web.me.com/lackeym1/Site/Welcome.html

    ReplyDelete